Man doesn’t live by Bread alone, and while this is true these cookies would have you feeling otherwise.
I’ve been working on a collection of sugar-free treats for quite some time now and let me tell you, it’s been wonderful. I have created many Godly foods that would impress Dionysus himself. Last night I really outdid myself…
Vanilla Pumpkin Chai-Chia Cookies
I made a cookie to such perfection — with ingredients of pure genius — that I just had to share them with you. The combination of tastes, the esquist delicacy in which they where prepared, and the quality have me wondering if I made truly the healthiest cookie in the world that actually tastes great?
- Healthier hair- Pumpkin seeds are the perfect food for beautiful hair. Ditch the hair, skin and nail supplements. They are hard to digest and rarely absorb. Instead, reach for some sprouted pumpkin seeds. They are loaded with zinc, magnesium, b Vitamins and omega fatty acids, all which feed the hair at the root. Pumpkin seeds contain high levels of phytosterols, including beta-sitosterol. Beta-sitosterol has been shown to block the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone by inhibiting the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase. This can have many positive effects, one being limits DHT in the body — the main cause of hereditary hair loss in both men and woman. Be sure to sprout your pumpkin seeds as this makes them easier to digest and removes nasty anti nutrients.
- Hormonal health- Aside from all the healthy hormone building fats in these cookies, I add in a gelatinized maca powder. This ancient Peruvian root is known for being a power adaptogen. Maca has been used as a way to increase fertility because of its beneficial effects on sex hormones. It is naturally high in minerals calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc, sterols, up to 20 essential fatty acids, lipids, fiber, carbohydrates, protein, and amino acids. All which are building blocks for hormones. Healthy hormones means youthful vigor, strong sex drive, passion, focus and overall energy. Not to mention these cookies are sugar-free, which keeps from spiked blood sugar levels — stopping you from feeling/acting like a moody-ass sugar crack fein. All good things my friends, all good things.
- Anti-Inflammatory- Chronic inflammation can cause some pretty serious disease and pain in the body. In today’s modern world it’s all to easy to “go hard or go home“. I’d rather go home and eat these cookies. Not to mention, most of us end up going way too hard, then going home and crying like whinny bitches in secret anyway. Let’s get honest, this whole “no pain, no gain” motto is pure grade bull-shit. Time to show our bodies some major love, chill and enjoy our lives or suffer from inflamed, sickly bodies — I choose the former. If you’re with me then these cookies are your new best friends. The absence of pro-flammatory sugars and chemicals makes these treats a win already. Add in flax, chia and coconut oil and you have yourself a medicinal anti-inflammatory food that soothes the body at the core. The Aztecs used chia seed medicinally to relieve joint pain and sore skin. Coconut oil is anti fungal and anti bacterial — elevating one of the root causes of inflammation, bacterial and fungal overgrowths.
I am confident these ingredients and the way in which they are prepared amount to perfection; however, as far as taste goes, I will let you be the judge.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 scoop Vanilla Sunwarrior Protein
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 4 tbsp raw chia seed
- 4 tbsp organic shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp raw, sprouted, stone-ground pumpkin seed butter
- 2 tbsp organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tbsp hardwood xylitol
- 1/2 scoop of MacaBoost
- 1/4 tsp of organic vanilla bean
- Stevia (to taste)
- If solid, melt your coconut oil by adding to a glass dish and putting in warm oven for a few minutes.
- While that melts, mix all dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Next, take out coconut oil and add the remaining wet ingredients (pumpkin seed butter, vanilla and liquid stevia).
- Pour wet ingredients into dry then mix with a fork until it forms a sticky (but not too sticky) cookie dough batter.
- Form into desired shape and place in a glass baking dish then place into freezer for 10 minutes.
Once the coconut oil solidifies you can pop them off the baking dish and enjoy with a warm cup of herbal tea or some Bullet Proof coffee!