Though recently I’ve gained a newfound love for coffee since first trying Bulletproof Coffee, I have not forgotten about those who truly may not be able to have any. Real coffee; such as this, is rich in antioxidants, feeds good gut bacteria and can enhance brain function ten fold.
Yet despite al these health benefits there are some individuals who just won’t tolerate this magical bean so well. These people include anyone with candida, or other virus infections, adrenal fatigue or thyroid problems.
Though most of these can be brought back to balance, it’s likely best to avoid coffee all together. Yes, even the delicious and wonderful Bulletproof kind. If you haven’t tried Bulletproof Coffee then you can start there and see if you tolerate it better.
If not, no worries, I have a alternative recipe here that tastes so good you’ll think it was coffee! Not to mention, it has many medicinal properties as well! Instead of coffee I use two main ingredients; Dandyblend and Chaga.
- Nutrient dense in B Vitamins, flavonoids, enzymes, minerals, and phenols.
- Most powerful known anti-oxidant
- Renowned and tenacious adaptogen
- Regarded factor in longevity
- Anti-aging, ant-viral, anti-bacterial
- Blood-cleansing, skin purifier
- Rich in Betulin and betulinic acid
- Naturally occurring vanillin (yum!)
- Contains over 50 trace minerals in each cup
- Boost metabolism
- Cleanses liver
- Tastes as good as coffee (for some maybe even better)
- Cheaper than coffee (minus the Chaga, the Dandyblend and water alone makes it only 7 cents a cup. Adding everything I recommend here makes it still cheaper than most Starbucks Lattés. Best of all you won’t crave another 2 hours later!)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 high-speed blender
- 1-2 cups pipping hot water
- 1-2 tbsp Dandyblend (1 tbsp per 8oz.)
- 1 tsp Chaga
- 1 tsp BrainOctane
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Vanillamax
- Birch Xylitol and/or Stevia to sweeten
Here’s how you make it:
This is about as simple as it gets my friends. Bring your water to heat just below boil, add to blender, add ingredients then give a quick buzz. That is all!
Enjoy this as you would coffee, use it to rotate on and off your coffee whether to save money or to reduce your caffeine exposure. The great thing about this drink is you could also have it mid-day without worry of it keeping you up all night.