Runny nose, dry skin, difficulty breathing, rashes, watery eyes, sneezing, itchy nose, hives, coughing. These are just a few of the many allergy symptoms one can experience when they come into contact a triggering allergen.
Allergens are the foreign substances that cause allergies. Some examples are: dust, mold, fungus, pet dander, pollen, and of course foods — such as wheat, soy, corn, nuts, eggs and dairy products.
Here’s the deal though, allergies and allergens are not the bad guys. They are more so a situation of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Allergies are the misguided reactions by the immune system once in contact with a particular allergen.
This is why some people experience allergies year round while other types of allergies are seasonal. Because allergens are always present, it is the shape of our immune system which makes all the difference.
WHERE DO ALLERGIES COME FROM?
Many experts agree that the genetic operating system plays a role in allergies. At basic, kids born to parents with allergies are more likely to also develop allergies, compared to children whose parents do not have them.
This is only a portion of the picture though, we will discuss more shortly!
What about those who weren’t born with allergies but develop them over time?For these individuals, there is an environmental trigger. And unfortunately, we live in a world that trembles in fear. So much so, that a great deal of us these days are afraid of dirt and worms — we fear our natural environment!
Turns out that our hyper-vigilant mentality about germs and bacteria may be exactly what causes more allergies to develop. In a few simple words, allergies come from just not having enough of whatever you’re allergic to. Modern America has simply not gotten enough of their share of dirt!
Ever notice that The Amish and farmers don’t develop allergies? I have, I’ve had the pleasure of speaking with the owner of The Family Cow in PA (the second largest Raw Dairy farm in the US). Turns out not him nor any of his family have ever had allergies. What did I learn from them?
- Don’t fear getting dirty. If you’re really up for it, roll around in a chicken pasture with the chickens! I did!
- Eat REAL food; especially raw fermented foods such as dairy kefir and kombucha (Edwin, the owner drank a pint a day of each made right on his family farm.)
- Get plenty of sunlight!
- Grow at least some of your own food and eat in season. Ps- don’t worry if it’s got bugs/dirt on it, that means it’s good 😉
There’s a major contrast between ways of living between a modern American house and the farm life. In general, reduced family size, overly improved hygiene, vaccinations, use of antimicrobial and antibiotic medications, and the consumption of completely sterile food (processed food) have all decreased or altered our exposure to environmental microbes.
As a result, our bodies have not developed the natural resistance (called antibodies) to common allergens. Depending on how weak our natural resistance we can suffer from a range of allergies from mild nuisances to severe chronic conditions.
ALLERGIES AND YOUR MICRO FLORA
In a perfect world, everyone would have a healthy immune system to keep us in balance — just as the Earth’s ecosystems keep it in balance. In humans, however, our “ecosystem” is the health of our intestines, and entire digestive system.
When the gut is in balance, the intestines are stocked with the beneficial bacteria and yeast (microflora) that keep the immune system resilient. With the right balance of beneficial microflora, our bodies are capable of fighting of all kinds of allergens and infections (including viral, fungal and bacterial infections).
Things that kill beneficial microflora:
In a few words, the secret to putting an end to allergies once and for all lies within your gut. Getting the right balance of gut bacteria will make your immune system a powerhouse.
It’s only the sensitive immune system that reacts to allergens. Therefore, in order to have a bolstering immune system it’s important to know what breaks the immune system down. Here are a few of the main causes:
- Standard American Diet consisting of nutritionally void, sugar-ladened processed foods (nutritional stress).
- An overload of environmental toxins (chemical stress).
- Overworking, under-sleeping, poor relationships and communication (mental/emotional stress).
- Limiting beliefs, trapped spirits and dead souls (spiritual stress).
In short, it’s an imbalance of stress, the harbingers of the modern world have created an epidemic of broken guts and unhealthy immune systems.
I will get to a short-term, physical remedy for allergies at the end of this; however, for anyone truly interested in putting an end to allergies it’s important to understand the root cause of illness.
All physical disease is a manifestation of a metaphysical issue. That is, before a physical problem there is first a thought or intention. Here are a few common allergenic issues and the thoughts or core beliefs that can bring about these issues in a person:
- Allergies: Denying your own power.
- Candida: Feeling very scattered. Lots of frustration and anger. Demanding and untrusting in relationships. Great takers.
- Eczema: Breath-taking antagonism. Mental eruptions.
- Hives: Small, hidden fears. Mountains out of molehills.
- Nose: Represents self-recognition.
– Nose Bleeds: A need for recognition. Feeling unnoticed. Crying for love.
– Runny Nose: Asking for help. Inner crying.
– Stuffy Nose: Not recognizing the self-worth.
- Psoriasis: Fear of being hurt. Deadening the senses of the self. Refusing to accept responsibility for our own feelings.
- Sinus Problems: Irritation to one person, someone close.
- Thrush: Anger over making the wrong decisions.
These may not be 100% accurate to you but typically prove to be 90% or more in individuals. If this sounds like voodoo to you that’s okay, just consider the basic concept here. We don’t get disease by accidents, things don’t just happen, we create them.
The question is why? This answers the why behind what we do. Surely, things out there, in the physical can have an influence on your immunity and while we cannot control whats “out there” we can control our responses.
For example, where is stress happening? Its not out there in the world, it’s in you. In fact, the world isn’t out there, its in you. Your worries, fears, and struggles are all in your mind.
If I asked you where your relationship problems where, where could you point to them for me? You’d perhaps point at your partner; however, I don’t see any problems. But you do, you see them in your mind, in the story you have about your partner. This story, which is nothing but a slew of ideas, goes on to create a certain reality about your relationship.
We do the same thing with everything physical; we create a story about what it is and it starts creating it. A more simple example, when it’s snowing out side, some people look and think, “Ew, what awful weather” and in result they create an awful day.
On the other hand, someone looks out and says “oh its raining! let’s stay in and watch a movie” or “lets go play in it!” Two different stories, two different realities. What stories are you telling about yourself?
An exercise to heal allergies:
- Get comfortable; eat if you have to, finish any work so you can sit in a quiet place without distraction.
- Get a list of the allergies you have and do this exercise with each one.
- Take the first allergy (let’s say its wheat/gluten since that’s a popular one in America).
- Now, mock up all sorts of gluten and wheat foods in the room around you. Pile them on the floor, tables or where ever you can get an image of. The point is to fill the entire room of the food you are allergic to, to the point that you are completely swimming in it.
- Then, make all the foods disappear or explode into thin air.
- Bring back the food now, this time in smaller doses. Perhaps just a pile of donuts on the table. It’ll help also to mock up foods that you’re allergic to that you still have a strong desire or interest for.
- Make them disappear again.
- Do this back and forth a few times; going from having the food around you in total access of, you might even pick it up and play with it some and get a feel of it and smell it. Then make it disappear again.
- Once you’ve felt an entire range of emotions around the food; from completely craving, mouth watering desire, to no desire what so ever, then run the drill one last time.
- This time, bring back just one piece of food. Perhaps a small little piece of cake or donut. Imagine it is the last piece of this food in existence. Really do what it takes to make yourself feel you’re in this experience. Now, imagine yourself wasting it. Take the cake and throw it on the ground, throw it at someone, build something out of it, use it as paint to write on the wall, get creative, just so as long as you’re completely wasting it.
- Once you are able to have all the food in the world (of the food your allergic to) then be able to completely waste the most significant and scarce piece in existence, you’ll no longer have your allergy. You’ll have had enough of it.
REMEDY AND PREVENT ALLERGIES WITH PROBIOTICS
I’m covering all bases here; mind, body, spirit otherwise I would be giving you a fragmented solution. Because everything is connected at the core, if we heal one aspect (mind) it will heal the other. Vice versa.
If the mental/spiritual work seems too over your head for now, no worries, there are physical steps you can take toward healing your allergies and boosting your immunity. One of the key players in the your immune system is your gut. What make’s a healthy gut? Probiotics.
Fortunately, there’s plenty of research revealing probiotics may be a new way to prevent and remedy allergies. There’s extensive research done by everyone from PHD’s to parents, showing the correlation of the gut-brain axis and how gut-health is connected from everything to allergies to autism. Here’s a few great reads if you’d like to do your own research.
You’ve likely heard the term probiotics by now. It is a term often used interchangeably with microflora, gut bacteria, and a few others. The difference is that often, probiotics implies the microflora we can consume in supplements, foods, liquids.
Consuming probiotics — especially those that are native to the human digestive tract — is a very powerful and simple tool that can help boost your own ecosystem and your immunity.
In our sterile modern world, probiotics can encourage the production of antibodies that can protect us from allergies that many people notice to develop later in life. However, for those who are already suffering from allergies, probiotics can provide much-needed relief.
Probiotics have been proven effective in remedying these allergies:
- Birch pollen allergy in children
- Cedar pollen allergy in adults
- Eczema in infants and children
And these are just the specific allergies that have been studied.
Allergic children actually have different bacteria in their intestines than non-allergic children. AND those differences existed even before the onset of the allergies!
However, by populating your gut with the right probiotics you’ll dramatically boost your immunity by exposing it to a variety of healthy bacteria that is the key to easing those allergy symptoms.
For nearly all allergies, especially those to food, probiotics have these positive effects on your body:
- Improve function of mucosal lining of the intestines
- Hinder growth of pathogenic (bad) bacteria
- Stimulate production of immune enhancing substances
- Direct influence on immune response
PROBIOTICS AND YOU
If you are plagued by allergies, then these exclusive probiotic liquids can help. Benefit from the latest research that shows probiotics can remedy and prevent allergies in children and adults. Get your daily dose of the right probiotics for your inner ecosystem today!
If you’re ready to get rid of your allergies or prevent them from developing, then try the exercises above. While you’re working on the spiritual/mental stuff, be sure to populate your body daily with probiotic liquids, get out in nature daily, and overall get out of the rat race of modern society.
See what steps you can take to live a more simple life, even if that means simply swapping out a few trips to the mall for a day in the park.
Probiotic Foods and Drinks You Can Make At Home:
- Young Coconut Kefir. This drink is so delicious I can’t believe it’s so good for me. It’s a healing probiotic liquid you can make yourself for liver, skin and beauty benefits. It’s hydrating, cleansing, detoxifying and heals the gut at the core. What’s not to love? If you want to make some yourself, check my blog here for 3 different ways!
- Cultured Vegetables. These are some of the most healing foods I’ve personally ever tried. They not only serve as the most effective probiotic (they bypass digestion and thrive in the gut.) But they also serve as a digestive enzyme, contain loads of vitamin C, and many other immune-boosting properties. You can learn more about them here.
Probiotic Liquids For On-the-Go Convenience:
I get it, making fermented foods sounds scary. It took me some time before I braved up and did it myself too. Not just that, but it takes some time and unless you’re really into the therapeutic benefits of cooking, you’ll likely miss out on healing yourself all together.
Don’t worry, technology has it’s benefits. Thanks to some health conscious and honest people, there are a few liquid probiotics you can get online that are just as good as the ones you make at home.
- InnergyBiotic– The newest addition to our probiotic liquid lineup, InnergyBiotic is gluten-free and gives you easily-digested vegetarian protein. It’s the ideal healthy energy drink!
- Dong Quai– Fermented Dong Quai beverage not only has powerful probiotics but also is formulated from the hormone-balancing Dong Quai herb used in China for generations. Dong Quai is a wonderful blood tonic as well and good for both men and women. It helps fight depression.
- Vitality SuperGreens– This is hands down the best greens powder on the market. Now obviously real greens is where it’s at. However, this short list is for the faint at heart, still trying to get accustomed to truly healthy eating. However, I still take this stuff myself. It’s one of the only greens powder that has fermented greens. adaptogen herbs, patented glutamine (gut healing), and is sweetend with stevia. It’s delicious and a great way to get probiotics on the go.
Probiotics are truly a miracle remedy, and not just for allergies. I never recommend something that I don’t know truly works. Sometimes we have to work at the body and clear that up in order to have a clear mind.
Populating your gut with beneficial microflora is one of the simplest ways to do that. Not to mention it improves your skin, helps you maintain a healthy weight, gives you energy and improves your overall well-being!
Here’s to another self-empowering blog about your health. Hope this helps! Let me know what you liked, what you didn’t and how it could get better. I love hearing your thoughts!