If you’re not familiar with golden milk, this creamy, delicious and medicinal Ayurvedic beverage it’s a must-try.
I have a Bulletproof recipe of it here.
As far as benefits goes, golden milk is definitely an impressive tonic:
- It’s an antiseptic and an analgesic, so it helps with pain relief.
- It detoxes the liver and helps to purify the blood.
- It’s great for joint problem, such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It works well for different skin problems.
- It offers a general immunity boost and provides you with a good dose of antioxidants.
In addition to it’s health benefits, golden milk is uniquely delicious. The thought of combining the warming spices, richness and slight sweetness of golden milk to chocolate just made a lot of sense, so that’s what I did!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup Bulletproof cacao
- 3/4 cup Bulletproof cacao butter
- 1/4 cup local raw honey
- 2 tbsp. Brain Octane
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. organic turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. ashwaganda extract
- 1 tsp. ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanillamax
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1 dropper liquid stevia
- Pinch of black pepper
Here’s how you make it:
- This recipe has two parts to it; the chocolate then the golden milk center.
- First you want to make your base Bulletproof chocolate by melting chopped cacao butter in double boiler – stirring frequently until cacao is melted.
- Once melted, remove from heat and set bowl aside.
- Next, add in Brain Octane oil, cacao powder and stevia – mix until thoroughly combined.
- Once thoroughly mixed, pour liquid into silicon molds just under half way.
- Place in freezer until firm – about 5-10 minutes.
- Now for the golden milk center – simply melt down coconut oil then add raw honey and herbs/spices.
- Mix this until a thick and creamy yellow paste is formed.
- Remove chocolate molds from freezer and add the golden milk truffle batter to the mold leaving some room on top for more chocolate.
- Place back into freezer so the truffle can become firm.
- Remove from freezer then add your third and final layer of chocolate.
- Freeze until solid – eat and enjoy!
For more Bulletproof desserts and medicinal treats like these be sure to get a copy of my book The Gourmet Foodie!