I know cookies aren’t the most creative thing I could come up with as far as recipes go. However, I can’t be making all of these delicious and health-promoting treats with a few classics.
In actuality, I can’t even take credit for this creation as my business parter came up with the idea. I’m glad he did because they turned out wonderful. Cookies are so simple to make and even simple to make healthfully.
With just a few simple tweaks, a couple add-ins and you’ll have yourself a Bulletproof cookie that promotes a healthy metabolism and optimal digestive function.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of organic pumpkin puree (fresh is best)
- 4-6 tbsp. sweet rice flour (This is the most Bulletproof of flours, many flours are acidic and difficult to digest — sweet rice flour is a ‘safe starch’ and is perfectly fine for health people. If you are not in the best health it’s best to avoid starches for the time; regardless, this particular flour is particularly lowest in toxins. Learn more about safe starches here.)
- 4 tbsp. powdered birch xylitol (or raw honey/maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp. sprouted raw almond butter
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed ghee
- 2 tbsp. BrainOctane
- 2 tsp. organic pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. Vanillamax
- A pinch of sea salt
Here’s how you make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a glass bowl, combine all wet ingredients with an electric mixer or blender on low.
- Add your dry ingredients and mix until a semi-thick batter forms.
- Grease baking pan, using a spoon form batter into cookies. This recipe will make 1 dozen medium-sized cookies
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, checking to see that the tops have firmed and achieved a slight golden color.
- Remove from oven and let cool, use a spatula to remove from pan and enjoy!