Here’s a recipe I’ve been making for a while that I haven’t gotten around to posting. I’ve actually kept it sort of secret and only released it in my Desserts 2.0 recipe book. In my book I share with you a Jing Herb infused raw Bulletproof fudge very similar. I figured it’s time I share a little bit of the magic in it.
The lovely people at Bulletproof reached out about me making a recipe similar to The Paleo Chef’s Phat Fudge. And as mentioned, I’ve had a recipe like this already put together. So, if you’re a Bulletproof fan or a fan of Phat Fudge or just a fan of chocolate all together then you’re going to love this decadent recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup grass-fed ghee
- 1/2 cup Bulletproof cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Bulletproof cacao butter *melted
- 1/4 cup stone-ground coconut butter *melted
- 1/4 cup birch xyltiol *powdered
- 2 tbsp. Brain Octane
- 1/2 cup strong brewed Bulletproof Coffee
- 2 scoops CollaGelatin
- 2 tbsp. gelatinzed maca
- 1 tbsp. vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp. tumeric extract
- Pinch of real sea salt
- Optional* add any sort of VitaJing Herb extract you like! I recommend Reishi, Chaga and He Shou Wu for this particular recipe.
Here’s how you make it:
- First thing you want to do is brew a really strong half cup of Bulletproof Coffee. Do this by heating a half cup of water to just below a boil. Add two ground tbsp. of the coffee and let brew for 5 minutes. I use a french press, you can use a Chemex or Aeropress.
- Next, powder your xylitol in a coffee grinder.
- Now, very simply, add all your ingredients to the hot coffee – this will melt your cacao and coconut butter so long as you chop them up pretty well. Otherwise, melt them prior.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the ingredients until a thick sort of paste is formed.
- Pour into a glass pyrex squash dish that is either lined with parchment paper or greased with coconut oil.
- Place in fridge for a few hours.
- Remove, chop into squares and enjoy as a delicious, medicinal and supercharged breakfast that won’t send your blood sugar on a ride.
For many more Bulletproof desserts like this be sure to grab a copy of my book The Gourmet Foodie!