One bite of this nutrient-dense, whole foods pizza and you’ll wonder why you’ve ever spent the time and money on commercial, delivery pizza. This gluten-free, paleo, bulletproof approved dish is easy to digest, packed with nutrition and absolutely gourmet in taste.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 pound grass-fed organic bison burger
- Herbamare for seasoning
- 1/2 package sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 small yellow squash or zucchini
- 1 tsp. extra-virigin coconut oil
For the crust:
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1/2 head organic, local cauliflower
- Real salt & pepper
Here’s how you make it:
- First start off by cooking your bison – I recommend a medium-heated cast iron skillet greased with grass-fed ghee.
- Roll into small “sausage like balls” and toss in pan for a few minutes to cook – careful to not overcook.
- Now time for the crust…
- First, lightly steam cut and prepared cauliflower pieces.
- When soft, put the cauliflower through a food-processor and pulse until all the cauliflower is in rice-sized bits.
- When finished, move the cooked and processed cauliflower to a large bowl to cool.
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove cauliflower from fridge and stir in the egg, garlic, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet; press and shape into a pizza crust.
- Brush with coconut oil and top with thinly sliced zucchini and soaked/sliced sun-dried tomato.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve!