Get ready to enjoy a creamy latté like none other. Perhaps you’ve heard of Bulletproof Coffee before, if not then I highly suggest visiting Dave’s site and getting updated on his cutting-edge nutritional science.
If you are already familiar with this high-performance, miracle beverage than you’ll be pleasantly surprised to learn how to tweak it for a beauty-boost. It doesn’t matter if you’re male or female, beauty is a birthright and I coulnd’t be happier to remind everyone of that.
This drink is perfect for anyone — I will caution that the upgraded MCT oil is a bit powerful; however, so if you are new to it I suggest you start slowly. Perhaps half the amount suggest or less.
I add four ingredients to the traditional Bulletproof Coffee recipe that not only make it that much more tasty, but also provide it with essential beauty building blocks.
What are those you ask? Why they are minerals, collagen, prebiotics, other amino acids and powerful anti-oxidants (in addition to the ones in coffee!). You might be familiar with some of these ingredients too. If not allow me to enlighten you:
- Pearl– Pearl Powder is made from; you guessed it, pearl. I use a very bio-available source of it from Jing Herbs, which is enzymatically active. It mixes so well and has the most delicate texture to it! Pearl has a long standing reputation as a respectable and praised beauty tonic. It has been used to improve irritations of the skin and to promote lustrous, clear, and supple skin. This magical powder is attributed to be the secret of the ancient Oriental beauties. Pearl doesn’t just provide an abundance of amino acids, minerals and nutrients it has a very special antioxidant known as SOD (superoxide dismutase). Commonly found in Spirulina, this antioxidant cleanses the liver, removes excess heat from the body and calms and quite the spirit. All which work holistically to keep the body youthful.
- Collagen– If you want baby-soft skin (wrinkle-free) for a life time then collagen is a must. Typically found in traditional foods such as bone broth, you can now get it in a Hydrolyzed form, which is easier to stomach. Of course nothing beats real food, but when the ick-factor stops you from a great thing, science comes to the rescue. Hydrolyzed collagen contains bioactive peptides, which are basically easy to digest that require no digestion, immediately benefitting your health. They essentially absorb into the gut and start building new beautiful skin cells and joint tissue. These strings of amino acids are often signaling molecules that play a huge role in the hormonal system too. Keeping hormones in check is critical for youthful skin. Hydrolyzed collagen helps the skin out in a holistic faction. First, it gives your skin the raw building blocks that it needs to regain elasticity. When your skin loses elasticity, it begins to droop and hang forming wrinkles. EW. The bio-absorbent peptides hydrolyzed actually act as an antioxidant, which protects the skin from UV damage that causes skin cancer and sun spots. Despite bad information, sun is incredibly healing. When the body is teaming with antioxidants (from eating a healthy diet) we are much more resilient to the skin’s UV light. Which is actually a very important source of Vitamin D that keeps the skin youthful. The best sources of collagen are going to come from grass-fed, pastured animals. I personally used Bulletproof’s hydrolyzed collagen as it’s sourced from quality.
- Prebiotics– These are what good bacteria eat. Prebiotics are the food for probiotics. In short, our skin is a reflection of our gut. In ancient medicine they refer to the skin as the “outer liver” because they understood that the body was a holistic machine. One of the most effective ways to keep beautiful skin (or get it) is by cleaning up the gut. Probiotics do everything from regulate hormones to digest nutrients to build skin, hair, nails and teeth. Eating vegetables of an array of colors is one way to naturally boost the good flora in your gut. Another way is consuming prebiotic fibers from sources such as Chicory root. My favorite source — aside from food — is a product by Body Ecology, it’s called EcoBloom. I use this in my sauerkraut to create upgrade cultured vegetables, in bedtime tonics and of course, in my Bulletproof Coffee! It makes getting prebiotics a lot more creative and delicious!
- Ancient Minerals– Minerals are needed for every function in the body. Chances are you’re not getting enough too. I don’t mean that to be rude, but it’s just true. Even with the most nutrient-dense diet we all lack some minerals. That’s because our modern living and farming practices have sucked most of the soils dry of minerals. I still suggest getting your nutrition from food; however, even with organic food and going the extra-mile to forage wild food, you might be lacking. To bridge the nutritional gap, I take Ancient Earth Minerals. These things are so powerful that I’ve happily taken them for years once I found out about them. I attribute them to a lot of healing in my adrenals and immune system. I could fill a book on the benefit of humic and fulvic minerals, so for sake of brevity I recommend doing your own research if you’re interested!
- Tocos– Otherwise known as Tocotrienols, which are pure rice bran solubles.They are most famous as a super rich source of fat-soluble natural vitamin E & D and is widely recognized as being exceptional for connective tissue and skin. Vitamin E is also important for healthy muscle function . They contain naturally occurring Vitamin A (Beta Carotene), Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Biotin, Choline, and Inositol. It also contains naturally occurring Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Iron, Zinc, Manganese, Copper, Iodine and other Trace Minerals. All which promote the health of the skin and connective tissues. It may even facilitate the removal of toxins from the body. Oh and best of all, it tastes like vanilla ice cream.
Beauty Bulletproof Latté
You’re likely convinced by now to try my alchemical concoction. If not, well I’m out of benefits so I guess the only thing I am going to say is you’re missing out on some major deliciousness.
If you’re ready to upgrade your health and beauty then here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 french press
- 1 cup (8 oz) of really hot spring water
- 2-3 tablespoons of freshly ground Bulletproof coffee
- 2 tbsp grass-fed ghee *vegan option – raw cacao butter
- 1 tsp MCT oil *optional
- 1 tbsp upgraded collagen powder
- 1 tbsp tocos
- 1 tsp upgraded vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp Pearl powder
- 1 scoop EcoBloom
- 2 capsules of Ancient Earth Minerals
- Stevia to taste
Here’s how you make it:
- Heat spring water just before a boil. You want it as hot as possible without boiling. I use a boiling kettle to make things faster. These things are incredible
- Grind coffee yourself, or purchase the ground Bulletproof beans for connivence. Freshly ground is always best however.
- Add coffee to bottom of french press.
- Pour over hot water, stir lightly with wooden spoon and let steep for 4 minutes.
- Proceed to “press”. If you need instructions on how to use a french press you can google it easily.
- Add coffee to High-speed blender with all the ingredients listed above.
- Blend for 60 seconds, and pour into a mason gar or your favorite mug. You should notice a frothy top like in the photo.
Be prepared to have your tastebuds blown away and your skin pearled (pun intended). Welcome to the baby-face club. We meet here on the blog daily, see you soon my beautifuls!