Wouldn’t it be great if desserts and treats we typically sulk in guilt as we eat, actually promoted our wellness and performance? Guess what? They can and here is a recipe for one that will knock your sad little socks off.
If you know me, I love chocolate. What you maybe didn’t know is that I was once a malnourished vegan/sugar addict. It wasn’t my fault, the illuminati tricked me with their dietary marketing schemes and sugar disguises.
I eventually took responsibility though and started making healthy treats that I could eat to satisfy all parts of my brain (primal, emotional and intellectual). It’s wonderful knowing I can look forward to eating sweet-tasting desserts made from fresh, raw foods that actually balance my energy, improve my thinking, focus and mood.
This recipe I am about to share with you contains loads of healthy, easy-to-digest fats, Jing herbs, antioxidant rich cacao and is even sweetened with xylitol and stevia — two plant-based sweeteners that have actual health benefits!
I’ve been experimenting with Jing Herbs for some time now. I first learned about their profound benefits from The Body Ecology Diet book. When I read a few testimonials and researched their ancient usage I knew I had to try them.
What’s The Hype On Tonic Herbs?
Tonic herbs or “Jing herbs” are special for a few reason. There are two specific attributes to Jing Herbs, which make them a far better choice than most of the herbs you’ve likely tried or seen in health food stores.
- First off, a lot of whole herbs aren’t very effective because you never know how much of the active constituents you’re getting. Each pill or powder is ground using various parts of the stem and leaf without much distinction.
- Secondly, most herbs sold in stores do not take into consideration proper decoction or extraction methods. Even the alcohol extractions are sub-optimal to the prepared Jing herbs. By preparing the herbs they are optimally bio-available. The tonic herbs use careful cold-water extractions that make a powdery extract to the consistency of a fine powder.
The Benefits Of Tonic Herbs
There are several types of tonic herbs; Jing, Shen, Chi, Yin, and Yang are a few common herb types. The basis of their benefits are rooted in how they energize your body. We have different types of energy systems and each requires a different type of fuel.
Because each of us is unique, we will each require a different type of Jing herb to properly balance the body. To make this easier for you, take this free health analysis to see which herbs would benefit and bring your unique body into balance.
I chose these three herbs here because they are suiting for my current state of health and what I am looking to get out of life each day. As a blogger, writer, musician and active fitness enthusiast, these herbs are great for me. Here’s why:
- High concentration of L-Dopa
- Enhance sexual fluids and performance
- Uplifting to mood
- Increases fluidity of movement
- Improves sleep
- Increases metabolism
- Strengthens immune system
- Supports organ health and vibrancy of skin
- Supports natural release of growth hormone
- Tonifies the kidneys, heart, and lungs
- Increases cellular ATP for natural energy
- Classically revered sexual tonic
- Balances the immune system
- Reduces stress and fatigue
- Improves oxygen utilization
- Potent anti-oxidant, adaptogen and anti-inflammatory
- Greatly enhances athletic performance
- Tones kidney yin and yang jing energies
- The most scientifically researched herb on the planet
- Powerful and “superior-class” adaptogen
- Liver protective
- Regarded as one of the most potent shen tonics
- Improves circulation
- Protective against radiation, free radials and other environmental stressors
- Anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-fatigue, and anti-stress
I know, I know, I’ll stop talking and get to the recipe now.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 high-speed blender like a Blendtec
- 1 medium hass avocado
- 2 tbsp Upgraded Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp BrainOctane Oil
- 1/4 tsp Vanillamax
- 1 tsp Mucuna
- 1 tsp Cordycepes
- 1 tsp Reishi
- 1 tbsp Birch Xylitol
- Stevia to taste
Here’s how you make it:
- Dice your avocado into chunks to make blending more consistent.
- Add avocado to blender along with BrainOctane, cacao, herbs and sweeteners.
- Blend on low until smooth and fluffy like a mousse. If you’re using a Blendtec then this should be a very quick process and the final product very creamy.
- Use a rubber spatula to empty contents into your favorite bowl and top with your choice of berries (they combine well with this because avo is actually a fruit!) or eat alone.
This is a great breakfast and fuels you for hours. You can use it pre-workout as it’s light enough to digest and packed with enough nutrition and easy assimilating fat (BrainOctane requires no digestion and is used instantly for energy) that you’ll have energy to get through any workout.